Re: Zinc dust?

Poster: cussata@juno.com (Courtney L Coulson)

Aldrich carries it.
1-800-558-9160
aldrich@sial.com

Product #20998-8 Zinc Dust, it's rated as <10microns
100gm @ $21.45
1 Kg @ $38.70

If you don't need it to be that fine, they also have granules at three
different mesh sizes that are less expensive.

You need to be a member of a business or organization to order from
Aldrich.  So you will need your local seneschal and/or exchequer to help
you order it with your local branch of the SCA as the organization you
are ordering it for.  If you explain to the company exactly what you are
using it for, they should not have a problem with it.

Zinc is listed under the EPA's Toxic Substances Control Act  (TSCA),
which means that it is approved for use in manufacturing.  It is not
listed as restricted or particularly dangerous, however because it's a
powder there is some risk of a dust explosion and zinc will spontaneously
combust under the right conditions, so ask them for handling
instructions.

Let me know if you have difficulties, I might have another possibility.

Good Luck,

Cussata