Re: Pennsic Panic - the Game

Poster: Tom Rettie <tom@mail.his.com>

The most excellent Dafydd ap Gwystl wrote:

> A 15th century oak slat bed with headboard, based upon a surviving
> example

Any chance you could find a minute from your pile of chores to share a
brief description of said bed?  I'm sure Beth and I aren't the only ones
toiling on such projects for war, and I've had a devil of a time finding
late period examples of slat beds (rope beds, sure, but nothin' for us
folks with bad backs!).  Unfortunately, the tester will have to wait until
next year.

Your obedient servant,

Fin

(who is really annoyed that the Hardwick Hall Inventory lists beds, field
beds, folding beds, servants' pallets, but of course doesn't describe any
of them.)