What, praytell, is a "golf tube" arrow shaft

Poster: Gorm of Berra <gormofberra@mindspring.com>

Unto the denizens of the Merry Rose does the Gorm of Berra send
greetings,

In perusing the information on SCA-legal combat archery (as my wife is
pondering doing this), I have seen an entry that makes absolutely no
sense to me.

Shafts must be wooden or "golf tube".

Umm...what is "golf tube"?  I understand that it is not aluminum, and
not wood.  I've asked a few archery suppliers here in Richmond, and they
had no idea.

Also, where can one acquire the blunt tips?  I know I've seen archers
with them, where can you get them?

Thanks in advance,