Re: Principality

Poster: AlysounA@aol.com

Anyone know the correct spelling of "gerrymander"?

--Alysoun Ashling

<< As to the fact that less than half the Kingdom was polled, yes, because
 less than half the Kingdom would be in the proposed Principality.
 There were no requirements to poll all of the kingdom any moreso than
 the are requirements to poll all the kingdom upon the proposed
 formation of a new barony, or any moreso than it is required to poll
 the entire Known World upon the proposed creation of as new kingdom.
 Only the people within the proposed boundaries are required to be
 polled.  I'm not stating that it would not be a good thing to get the
 rest of the Kingdom's opinions on the matter (and in fact I think the
 movement would be a drastic failure if it *didn't* try and get the
 opinions of those outside the P. area) -- simply that, by the laws of
 the SCA, it is not *required* to poll them.