re: 150-mile rule

Poster: "S. M. Thorson" <smt2@st-andrews.ac.uk>

All right already!

Good grief, the one time I make an offhand comment ...

Folks, you should all know by now that I am in end-game PhD mode, missing
both my temper and my memory, and inclined to forget anything that didn't
happen between 1475 and 1537.  Heck, if it didn't happen then, it didn't
happen, full stop.  It should also be perfectly apparent that I am at a
significant geographic remove from both the scene of the action and the
steering committee.  Why is there such a huge reaction to my peripheral
remark?  (and it's been more than what you've all seen on list)

(Am I to take this as a compliment, that my opinions are considered of
such weight that even an occasional throwaway line is greeted with such
seriousness?  Somehow deep in my cynical heart of hearts I don't believe
that).

Dafydd, thank you for posting what actually is going on - my eyes and ears
on the scene hadn't conveyed that bit of information to me.  It's so hard
to get good spies these days.

Bemusedly,
Alianora
heading back to Brother Adam, who has his faults but is at least benign