Re: Principality why do you want to leave

Poster: luther@hell-labs.com (Luther, Alaric)

On  3 Aug 98 at 7:04, Terry L. Neill wrote:

> >Well now.  Let's stipulate that what Julien and others say is true.
> >After all I know some of you and I have to assume the rest of you are
> >honest, honorable people.  So how do we convice the those of us outside
> >the North to take you at your word that the TNNP movement is just to
> >form a Principality and to go no further or go no further for now.  I
> >don't know.  I mean nothing personal, truely.
> >
> >Various peers and others in a position to know are starting to prepare
> >the southern baronies for the probable contingency of the TNNKingdom.
> >I am truely torn, who am I to believe.

Lord Alaric Luther sends greetings!

I am one of the Northern folk that stands with Lord Julian in support
of Northern *Principality*, Stilhavn. I would NOT support an effort
to rush forward and try to become a Kingdom. To me, as Seneschal of
Stierbach, I believe the region is clearly not ready to be a Kingdom.
But, I also believe that it is overdue for elevation to a
*Principality*.

What I would like to comment on, is my concern for the recurring
theme, of stating what other *unnamed* people say, "Various peers and
others in a position to know" was the phrase used in the note above.

I believe we should voice our own opinions. Sure, listen to what
other people say, collect other peoples views, and be persuaded by
the power of informed opinions that are based on fact, and not
emotion alone.

*I* believe Stilhavn, as a *Principality*, will add to the glory of
Atlantia. *I* believe it will make a more powerful, honorable,
viable, interesting, Kingdom of Atlantia. YMMV.

In Service,
Lord Alaric Luther
Atlantian