Re: Tally...

Poster: Grace Morris <gmorris@cs14.pds.charlotte.nc.us>

Greetings from Jessamyn di Piemonte,

When I lived in Calontir, it was just too far to go to Pennsic,and school
started too early in August.  When I lived in the Middle, I was a poor
graduate student, and the dissertation had to be finished.  When I lived
in Ansteorra, it STILL was too far, but I recognized that the real reason
for missing Pennsic was that I hate to camp.  Anywhere.  Anytime.
Any way.

However, one year I broke down.  We drove the umpteen hours to Pennsylvania
from San Antonio.  And ot was Pennsic XXIV:  the hottest on record.  The
year of the brown-outs.  When even the Ansteorrans and the Meridians dropped
from the heat.  What was my favorite part of Pennsic?  Riding in the
air-conditioned shuttle to get to the air-conditioned truck to drive
around the countryside in search of air-conditioned stgres.

Maybe I'll go back some day when I can afford to stay in the manner to
which I wish to be accustomed. And then again, maybe I can find some
excuse...

 Jessamyn