Re: IMPORTANT ATTENTION!!!

Poster: "Jen Kuiper" <gryphon@clark.net>

>1.  You'll have to choose two out of the three. Even with a
>multicultural first name like 'Tristan',  two surnames, one French
>and one Irish, just isn't registerable.  Even if 'Roquelaure' turns
>out to be a given name, Irish names didn't include middle names.

My Lord,

I may not be correct, but I'm not sure that statement is globally true. I
will admit to not knowing the research references for the name form she
used, but I copied the former Beacon Herald of Meridies' registered name
construction: Shiohnan Muirghall ni Domnhall. (My express apologies to
Jackie, for I am sure I've forgotten a letter here or there..such is the way
of Irish...)

I have, however, only seen it in early/mid-period Irish names (to late 12th
century), and not in any anglicized varieties.... such as Tristan's would
entail.

If anyone knows the specifics, I would be very interested.. :-) I yield to
the many masses of gentles with much greater heraldic knowledge than I...

Riona

(Bantiarna) Rioghnach Slaine ni Chonaill