Re: War Archers in Combat

Poster: "Terri Morris" <TerriMorris@kemet.com>

Zita,

Pennsic does not sound like it would be much fun for a light combat archer
(except for the shopping, socializing, partying, etc. which in itself
sounds like a good reason to go!)  I authorized in combat archery at this
past Gulf Wars and I can tell you that it was a blast!!!  They split the
battles up so that one day they will have the field battles without archers
and another day they will have field battles with archers.  The did they
same thing with the fort battles... one day without archers and siege
weapons, one day with.  That way the fighters who don't like battles with
archers have some without.

Last year there were only 5 Altantian archers at Gulf Wars, but there were
plenty from our Ansteorian allies.  In fact, they had a huge arrow factory
set up where they made and repaired massive amounts of arrows for the war.
At Gulf Wars they did allow gleaning of arrows between battles.  Light
Archers need to beware... some of the kingdoms participating at Gulf Wars
have only Heavy Archers, so may treat you as one...  Make sure to have
large white diamonds on your helm so they recognize you as a LCA.  Other
than that, there is an SCA Combat Archery List... to subscribe send a
message to listserver@wyvernhall.com with the message 'subscribe
sca-missilecombat your name'.

-Sorcha

vtaltos@earthlink.net on 08/11/98 09:02:08 PM