Re: Edmund of the Middle

Poster: Diane Stevens <nolarec@hwy5.net>

rmhowe wrote:

> Poster: rmhowe <magnusm@ncsu.edu>
>
> Subject: Re: Re: [Mid] Who won?
> Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 16:35:57 EDT
> Sender: owner-sca-middle@dnaco.net
> To: sca-middle@dnaco.net
>
> Good Gentles
>
> It was mentioned on the East's mailing list that Duke Edmund turned in
> his knight's belt at this Pennsic. Can anyone verify this statement?
> Did this indeed happen?
>
> Your humble servant,
> Rosalyn MacGregor
> (Pattie Rayl)
> >From:  CONNECT@aol.com

It is my understanding that Sir Edmund did not turn in his white belt;
he merely refused to wear it for the duration of the War (from Saturday
afternoon on 8/15 onward) because he felt that it had been dishonored by
the behavior of the Midrealm Rulers/War Council demonstrated after the
Mountain Pass Battle on Saturday morning.  I have always found Sir
Edmund to be an extremely honorable and reasonable man, and I would not
question his actions in this particular matter.  Other members of the
Midrealm, chivalry and non-chivalry alike, were also outraged by the
conduct of the Middle.

In Service to Atlantia,

Luned, Crown Princess