Event Announcement: Payback is Hell (Oct. 2-4)

Poster: "Greg Sackett" <gregsackett@radix.net>

Greetings all... Shameless plug for our upcoming event.  If your not
going to University, come play with us!  Hey, it's free!

Thanks!

Gregor

Payback is Hell.
(October 2nd - 4th)

The site cut us a deal on a previous event, and now, it's payback
time!  Come join the Shire of Highland Foorde as we host a demo in
support of a craft show at our site.  This isn't your ordinary demo,
but a full blown event!  Activities include:

For the heavies, a double elimination armored tournament, with prizes
awarded for the victor and best death.  A novice (one year since
authorization) rapier tourney will be held, but there will be ample
opportunities for the more experience fighters as well.  Again, there
will be prizes for the winner and best death.

As usual, the Highland Foorde Archery Company will have several
innovative novelty shoots, that will be great fun for both novice and
expert archers.  The great Highland Foorde Attacking Animal will make
another appearance (we pretty much killed the Boar at Highland River
Melees, so another animal is being actively hunte... uhm, recruited),
and the usual complement of unusual shoots that you have come to
expect from Highland Foorde are being planned. Prizes will be offered
for each shoot.

Displays and demonstrations of the Arts & Sciences are highly
encouraged.  Come and show the public (and the rest of us) your craft.

The Highland Foorde Cooks Guild will be preparing a lunch on Saturday,
but there will be no feast in the evening.

The site is the National Guard Armory in Frederick, MD.  There is
ample space for camping, with period encampments encouraged.  The site
opens at 5 pm on Friday and closes at noon Sunday.  There are working
restrooms, and the Highland Foorde shower stalls will be available for
solar showers.  The site is wet, but period containers only please.

Merchants are very welcome!  Come peddle your wares to SCAdians and
mundanes alike! Please contact Lord Adam of Erin at (301) 416-8715 or
black_star@earthlink.net to make arrangements.  There will be a Silent
Auction to raise money for Highland Foorde's Baronial Fund T.
Donations are appreciated!  Children's Activities are also planned.

The cost for all this entertainment?  Nothing! Nil! Zero!  It's
free!!!  So please come and enjoy yourselves.

Autocrat:  Gregor Dow M'Gregor (Greg Sackett), 7132 Linganore Rd.,
Frederick, MD, 21701, (301) 620-7065 (NLT 9pm), gregsackett@radix.net.

Directions:  From the North, South, or West of Frederick:  Take your
best route to I-70 East in Frederick.  Take exit 58 for Rt. 144
eastbound (make a left at the light).  The armory will be you first
right, about ¼ of a mile. From the East of Frederick:  Take your best
route to I-70 West toward Frederick.  Take the first exit for Rt. 144
West (should loop around under I-70).  Continue on Rt. 144 West for
approximately 2 miles.   The Armory will be on your left.  If you get
to the stop light you have gone to far.
Greg Sackett
Health Physicist
Enercon Services, Inc.