Arms and Awards

Poster: Gina <rhiannonofberra@mindspring.com>

okay.. I'm gonna get out the stirring stick again and ask another
question. (I'll run and hide for a while after this one, I promise!!)

I was reading a piece of email posted to the merry rose when I saw this:

In that case, the OHH conflicts with the arms of
Lithuania (Gu. a knight armed cap-a-pie mounted on a horse arg.
brandishing a sword ppr. and maintaining a shield az. charged
with a patriarchal cross or)

Something has been bothering since I joined the SCA and I feel a need to
re-ask the age-old question.... I have to ask why it matters if an SCA
device conflicts with a real modern day device?

Are we talking about copyright problems, or something similar?

I doubt very seriously some king/prince/duke or whatever from a foreign
government (or someone outside the SCA) is going to get his/her kickers
in a bunch over Duke Sir Bigstick having a device that's the same as the
one hanging in the hall.  I should think there are more important things
to be concerned with.  And if there were a problem, the one with the
"real" one, wins.

Just my two cents worth, for what it's worth
(which probably isn't very much)

rhiannon of berra
(no AOA, no nothing, but a really nice person--honest!)