Metallics in thread

Poster: Josh <dungeon@norfolk.infi.net>

Greetings,
I am having problems with gold metallic thread used from the DMC line of
threads. It tends to break or tangle making it a hassle to work with because
you have to tie it off somehow so it doesn't come loose. I do use a needle
that is a DMC brand and is specified for metallic thread use. Is there any
tricks to stoping this problem? Also is embrodery washer safe or did I just
make my garb dry clean only:)
As always thanks,
Tristan ap Elwin
Ps everyone come to Marinus Baronial Bday and make the games tourney huge:)
I do like a challange!!!:)