Re: Too many egos in charge

Poster: nudity!vnend@uunet.uu.net (David W. James)

> It is usually the case that the Midrealm
> really doesn't care about who wins or loses.  In the meantime, the East
> prepares
> year round to beat the Midrealm at Pennsic.  A friend of mine once told
> me a story of an Eastern knight asking her (A Midrealmer) why the
> Midrealm doesn't get it's act together.  Her response was, "We don't
> care about winning Pennsic."  Because of Jafar, the Midrealm got
> nationalistic.  This behavior was wrong.  It was wrong for the Mid this
> year and it is wrong for the East every year.

Then there has been a major change in the Middle in the last 10 years,
and one in the East as well.  When I lived and fought in the Middle
('85-'88), winning Pennsic was a Big Deal, and all the Kings  I fought
under were pretty clear that that was their goal, and the fighters and
leaders were pretty solid on that goal as well.  (Not that that doesn't
allow for a lot of having fun...)

Then East, when I moved there in '89, was much more laid back about the
war, but that did indeed change while I lived there, and I can believe
that it could have swung the other way since I last went to a Pennsic (4
years ago now.)

Kwellend-Njal