Re: On the differences between the North and South...

Poster: Rutlands@aol.com

In a message dated 9/13/98 10:01:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sheltons@conterra.com writes:

<<
 It is my belief that what has happened is that folks down here heard you
 were discussing the idea again.  This had happened in the past and
 therefore was not in and of itself a surprise.  I think what was a
 surprise was the momentum that the idea took this time.  Caught unaware
 there has been a "Whoa! We didn't know it would happen this fast."
 feeling.

I had to jump in on this one... That has to be a learning-curve thing.  If
you're a rat running a maze, by the 3rd (3rd??) try you should have the first
section at least of the maze down pat... So many lovely metaphors!  Avoid the
shoals that foundered you the last time....  learn to run across grazing
meadows looking downward at all times...
     On a related thread,  the "principality borders may affect willingness to
travel" item,  I'd think willingness is more a personal thing.  In my own
case,  I took a Sunday second job... which means now that if I do anything
other than day-trip I have to count a day's wages lost as part of the event
cost.  M. Daniel and I used to travel to events from Philadelphia to North
Carolina... but now and for the forseeable future (until our mortgage is paid
off or we decide we need a life again)  we won't be travelling much.  James of
Rutland.