Re: On the differences between the North and South...

Poster: Dryw Freed <web4539@charweb.org>

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Logan & Arielle wrote:

> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:21:07 -0400
> From: Logan & Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>
> To: Craig Levin <clevin@ripco.com>
> Cc: Merry Rose <atlantia@atlantia.sca.org>
> Subject: Re: On the differences between the North and South...
>

> Poster: Logan & Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>
>
> As the one that "was collecting money for his lady and his death rites" I
> think I can understand what went through your mind and I agree.  My
> response to the question of loyalty, whether it is to a Kingdom, or, goes
> deeper is simple.  I do not _give_ my respect to anyone, they must earn
> it.  I also do not _give_ my loyalty to anything, it must develop.  If I am
> to put that much into the giving, I can only respect it as far as I am
> willing to honor it.  I have always put a lot into what I honor, respect,
> and, am loyal to.
>
> That is pretty much that,
>
> Duke Logan (being played by Derrick Solomon and all that!!)

I love it when my Knight speaks for me.  In thinking about my loyalty to
Atlantia as opposed to the Middle, I realize that I do/did have some
local loyalties in the Middle, most notably to His Excellency Jafar and
to the Barony where I lived, as well as to some of the individuals
there.  However, the Midrealm, as a Kingdom, was probably too big to earn
my loyalty--and my activity level there was much lower.  Since I have
lived in Atlantia, I've played much more, and seen much more of the
Kingdom--geographically as well as socially.  I love Atlantia because I
know Atlantia, in a way that I probably never could have known the Middle
(at least, not without a MUCH higher income).

And, once I have given my loyalty to this Kingdom (Atlantia had to earn
it, but I did choose to give it), it would not change just because I
happened to move.  I might develop other loyalties, but they would never
supercede my first true Kingdom.

Not to mention, of course, that as long as my Knight is an Atlantian, my
own personal fealty is to Atlantia through him.

Just my thoughts, for what they're worth,
Dryw