Re: Thrusts to the Side of the Head

Poster: bearslayer@juno.com (Jason sellers)

>As for those who would use this rule to avoid a face
>thrust,  I think a solution can be found in the way we deal
>with fighters moving non-eliglible targets (hands and lower legs)into
>the target area, then the shot will still count where it lands, if it
>is a
>telling blow. This way, sneaks who try to avoid
>death by looking away will get what they deserve, and others will not
>get
>blind sided.
>However this is only a solution to the problem that the rule itself
>has
>created.
>
>Do not confuse this head turning action with with dodging and
>causing glancing shots, this will still happen. The problem is
>substituting an area that can't have a telling blow for one that can.
>
>This rule does not contribute to the safety or enjoyment of the sport,
>and
>it should be reconsidered if it is necessary or even beneficial.

But who is going to decide if the fighter was trying to dodge or if the
fighter was just looking away to avoid the blow.  Entirely too
complicated to determine, especially b/c we are supposed to be relying on
each other's honor in this game.  Either allow the look away or allow all
head blows to count as killing blows.

In Service to Atlantia,
Nikolai Bearslayer