Loyalty...

Poster: "Tristan de Roquelaure" <barderic@mailcity.com>

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:40:12   Craig Levin wrote:

>Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)
>
>I've lived in Atlantia, and I've lived in the Midrealm. I still
>feel something of a bond to the Midrealm. It was where I first
>got involved, it's where my folks are, and all that. If one is
>allowed to admit to a special bond not covered under SCA
>"feudalism," in the Song of Roland, Roland says something to the
>effect that a bond between the ennobled and the ennobler is as
>real as the bond of lord to vassal. I was ennobled by the hand
>and seal of Jafar, and when someone at 12th Night was collecting
>money for his lady and his death rites, I felt honor-bound to
>give what I had to my ennobler.
>
>That being said, most of my loyalties are in Atlantia. It's where
>I am, where my friends, my patron and patroness, and my master
>live, and I'm glad to be here.
>
>In Service,
>
>Dom Pedro de Alcazar
>Barony of Storvik, Atlantia (from Illiton and then Dernehealde,
>Midrealm)
>Storvik Pursuivant
>Argent, a tower purpure between 3 bunches of grapes proper

I guess what really drives my loyalties here in Atlantia aren't jsut the "famiuly" I have here, but b/c I've LIVED here my whole life, even before I KNEW about the SCA...I was born and raised in North Virginia, and lived in Danville for a time, and I've been here, and grown attached to the people and everything else...
It's going to be hard to go the day I leave...

--Michael
---
Tristin de Roquelaure
Barony of the Windmaster's Hill