Re: Newcomer in search of help! -Reply

Poster: lp12546@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU

I would also suggest some type of blanket and a large pin/broach.  You can
use the banket and pin to fashion a cloak to keep you warm at night while
wandering around the site and can be used to sit on during the tourney if
you don't want to bring a chair.  I had a friend who used an old army
blanket and a decorative pin for a couple of years untill she could get a
proper cloak and it didn't look too bad.
	You may also want to bring some type of lantern (if you happen to
have one)/candle and holder or a small flashlight (that can be easly
tucked away in a pocket/pouch/boot when not in use) because it will get
dark and you will trip over at least one tree root/rock.  You wouldn't
want to have to be carried back to your tent because of a
sprained/cut/badly brused/etc. foot.  I hope you enjoy your first event
and don't worry, if any one gives you any grief over your garb and stuff
(which I seriously doubt!) just explain to them that your new and ask how
to improve your "look".  I'm sure they'd be happy to give you some
pointers.

In service,
Brighid Ni Chillin