Re: Re[2]: Sumptuary Laws

Poster: Nicole Honeycutt <ladyemma@mindspring.com>

At 02:35 PM 10/19/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Poster: ASmith@psc.gov (Alan Smith)
>
>     Greetings all,
>
>     As Earl Daffydd pointed out in response to an ealier posting regarding
>     circlets, Atlantia does not have any sumptuary laws.  That means the
>     only binding restrictions are those the SCA imposes, regarding the
>     reserved titles (Sir for Knights, Master/Mistress for Laurels,
>     Pelicans and Masters at Arms, etc) and reserved items representing
>     membership in a peerage order (the white belt, chain and spurs of a
>     Knight, various styles of Crown or Coronet for sitting and past
>     Royalty, Barons/Baronesses, and so on).

Don't some other Kingdoms allow squires to wear chains and spurs?  I
thought I'd
seen squires wearing them at Pennsic.  I know we don't but what about other
places?

Emma of Elandonan
The Phoenicians were not great philosophers... they pondered the simpler
questions, like "If I stick this spear in you, can I take your stuff?",
"Do you have relatives that would be mad if I took your stuff?", and
"Can my relatives beat up your relatives?"
(c) Doug Robarchek