Arrow Problems

Poster: Sarah Prunier <szprun@maila.wm.edu>

If there were safety tests before the arrow in question was allowed in
combat then the possibility of an arrow bouncing back nock first would have
been discovered. Further assuming this phenomenon had been discovered it
must have been evaluated and determined to be a small risk. As we all know
that small risk means there is some risk. Therefore unless we can eliminate
all risk (we can't) then we have to live with the fact that statistically
there is no way to avoid accidents.

In summery the only way I feel it is reasonable to pull these arrows is if
there wasn't thorough testing in the first place.

Can anyone verify if there was testing? And if so, what type?

Just trying to look at this logically,

Sarah of Rencester