[Fwd: [TY] RE: Peer dependant Owner's manual:]

Thought this need to be passed on.

---- Begin included message ----
My lords and ladies, forgive my intrusion onto your lists, but a
grave situation has come to my attention.

Eighteen years ago, three friends and I created a document called the
"Peers Owners Manual", which was circulated in Meridies and may have
found its way to other kingdoms.  It took a lot of time and thought
(and beer) to write that document, and we were (I think) justly proud
of the result.

Imagine my dismay, then, when I discovered that someone has "lifted"
90% of that original manual, made some minor modifications, and has
distributed it to the lists as the "Associates Owners Manual" without
notifying or asking permission of the original authors.  Yes, we know
that the names on the original were disguised, but it was an open
secret in Meridies, and at least a dozen people on the Tavern Yard
(Meridies' list) know the authors. (This revised document has NOT
appeared on the Yard, either).  If anyone had wanted to distribute or
modify it, they surely could have asked on the lists for info on the
authors.

If anyone would like to verify that I am, indeed, the original
author, I can quote several passages in the original printed document
that were not in the revised version.  In addition, the following
individuals were Co-Authors - Sir Kelton, Baron Frances of Aaron
Isles, Lady Diana of the South Downs - none of which gave permission
for the revision.  In addition, these people can verify that we
created the original (and were suitably "punished" for our crimes) -
Sir Saavogg Haroldsson, Mistress Rebecca of Twywn, Mistress
Christianna MacGrain, Master Cathal.

I also ask that people refrain from distributing this "revised"
manual, in the interest of protecting the creative talents of
everyone in the SCA.  If there is sufficient interest, we would we
happy to post the original for distribution with the proper credits.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.  Please forward this
message to other lists where this revised document has circled.

Mistress Morgan y Crwydryn o Saincler
Companion of the Order of the Pelican
Meridies

---- End included message ----