RE: A thought! (fwd)

Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)

> Poster: "Mohajerin, Leila" <mohaj001@onyx.dcri.duke.edu>

<snip>

> Women were often looked upon as if they had no will of their own.  Hence
> the guarding, chaperoning, etc. This attitude is in part why they were
> not afforded full rights.

There's that element of misogynism in that time, too. However,
this was countered by the incontrovertible fact that women have
souls and therefore wills. At the time, it was considered that
woemn could be more easily unbalanced in their humors, which
affect their souls to some extent. Note: I am not now, nor have I
ever been, a practicioner of medicine or natural philosophy.

Pedro
--
http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~clevin/index.html
clevin@ripco.com