Re: Crucifixion? was( RE: torture in England (was questions)

Poster: Kevin of Thornbury <kevin@maxson.com>

Michael Jeffrey Looney wrote:

> Poster: "Michael Jeffrey Looney" <barderic@mailcity.com>
>
> >However I see no medievalists discussing crucifiction as a common
> torture.  Does this mean that crucifiction died out in early period?<
>
> Actually, I think it was b/c of the religious ramifications of it....
> The church was, in a way, the "head" of England, and they would have viewed it as a sacrament to "crucify" someone as Christ has been.

Unlikely.  And I think you're trying to say "sacrilege" not
"sacrament".  Crucifixion is not a sacrament.

Of course, if you thought about the sacrament of matrimony.... ;)
_____
 \_/   kevin@maxson.com   http://www.atlantia.sca.org