Re: Misogyny and other nunsense

Title: Re: Misogyny and other nunsense
Poster: sfdowns@pinn.net (Susan Downs)

    A very interesting discussion of rape laws and their application since the git-go may be found in Susan Brownmiller's book, Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape . I know the title sounds like feminist rant, but her chapter on ancient and medieval rape laws is well-researched and includes extensive bibliographic references.
    I also wonder if men who raped other men (the Turks during WW I, for instance) ever used a "he used his masculine wiles" approach? (Yeah, I know it's disgusting, but so is sexual assault.)

-Caitlin ni h'Arrachtain