RE: Heard an old joke...

Poster: E L Wimett <SILVERDRAGON@Charleston.Net>

'Fraid you've got it wrong, at least in the traditional mode.  Should be:

In the East, when the King tells you to dig a trench, you respond: "I would love to do that for you, Your Majesty, but you didn't properly announce in Pikestaff the Curia at which you announced  the trench location, budget and shovel type."

In the Middle, when the King tells you to dig a trench, you respond: "I would love to do that for you, Your Majesty, but there was no seneschale officially present in the Court at which you announced  the trench location, budget and shovel type."

Traditional Atlantian mode, I suspect would be: "What a wonderful idea, Your Majesty.  Ummm, which household is in charge of the construction project?"

New Atlantian mode, I suspect would be: "What a wonderful idea, Your Majesty.  I'll contact all the relevant Kingdom Officers immediately to form a Nameless Construction Project Commitee".