Re: [fwd] EK: Jafar will be made a duke

Poster: Dryw Freed <dryw@bellsouth.net>

Beiskaldi@aol.com wrote:

> Poster: Beiskaldi@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 99-01-28 22:21:45 EST, silverdragon@InfoAve.Net writes:
>

> >  How sad!
> >
> >  The requirement that you actually serve as monarch to get a royal peerage
> > was one of the last unbroken rules in our game. . .
> >

> To me, sadder still that clinging to old rules & remaining static would be
> preferred to growth & the change necessary over time, as the populace
> increases, grows, & dynamics change.  I for one am glad that he will be
> remembered in such a way, & it is an honor to him & his lady that he was
> looked upon so highly by so many people throughout the Known World.
>
> Thyra

I would most strongly second this.  I cannot imagine that the intent of that
rule was to deny an honorary title to a man who embodied many ideals of the
Society both on and off the field simply because he had the poor judgement to
die before he could be crowned.  Jafar richly deserved the title of Duke, as
much as anyone I've ever known in the Society, and the only thing I find TRULY
sad is that he will never be able to claim the title in person.

Just my two cents, but a very heartfelt two cents,
Dryw