Re: Galen: courtly behavior

Poster: "Beverly Robinson-Curry" <corvus2@worldnet.att.net>

Gentle Thrya wrote:

> Havent we had this discussion before?  Seems I am hearing things, ie
> accusations that only cute petite young girls get courtesy, specific
instances
> of courtesy shown, that I have already heard.  The suggestion of a class
at
> university has been made before also, but to date I havent seen anything
done
> about it or furthered by anyone who wants it.

I taught a class on protocol at the last University (didn't focus on
fetching and toting, but did discuss day-pavilion etiquette and some other
stuff).  2 people (other than myself and one of my heralds) attended...
Duchess Arielle also taught a class on courtesy at a recent University
(maybe 2 back, I can't remember).

I've taught or assisted with several classes on courtesy and protocol at
various collegiums and would be glad to undertake to teach it again, should
there be any desire I do so....

In some kingdoms, a newcomer class is expected to be taught at every event
and newbies are encouraged to attend them.  The class covers basics like
courteous behaviour, appropriate dress and proper etiquette in various
situations.

However, what I think is of the most value is rewarding (sometimes just
with a simple "thank you") courteous behaviour and encouraging and
influencing those who watch and/or follow you.

Lady Rhiannon ui Neill
Triton Principal Herald
House Corvus, Sacred Stone