Ice Castles: Children's activities

Poster: "D'elle Monte" <schoenthalerm@wlu.edu>

Greetings to the Merry Rose from Chantal deBellevallee!

I will be in charge of the childrens activities during the fighting. If
you are planning on attending Ice Castles and wish your child to
participate in the children's activites, kindly let me know so I may
have a good estimate on how many supplies to aquire. The planned
activities are as follows:

King of the Bean: Following an explanation of this tradition, I will be
serving a King's Cake midway through the activities. The Cake will
be colorful Rice Crispy treats with two beans inside. Whichever
children receive the pieces of Cake which contain the beans will
become King (or Queen) for the day, and will choose a consort. I
will provide crowns for the children who find the beans.

Simple Weaving: Children will have the opportunity to weave God's
Eye crosses using popsicle sticks and yarn.

Children's Illumination: I will be providing sheets of paper depicting
traditional Medieval scenes and crayons. The children will be able
to creatively color the scenes as they desire.

If anyone has any questions about the planned activities, or wishes
to suggest an activity, please let me know.

Respectfully,

Chantal deBellevallee

D'elle Monte -
It's a household name.