Re: Pennsic Fighting Schedule

Poster: SCAVard@aol.com

Scriptsit Colin:

> By my math, and from the view point of the average fighter, this equals a
> sum total of around 4.5 hours of large scale melee throughout the WEEK (this
> assumes a generous 15 minutes of engagement for each of the single death
> battles). Where is the first field battle? Where is the amorphous maze
battle?
> Where is the friendship battle? (not for point sure but...)

I have it on good authority that this is not yet the complete list of ALL of
the fighting that will occur at War.  There are negotiations underway to have
several "sponsored" battles.  When I hear more, I will pass it along.

> Those of us who enjoy melees most of all may not get our fill this Pennsic.
> Not that I'm whining or anything but...okay I'm whining...but why so few
> fights this year?

Actually, I believe that when the final tally is made, there will be as much
fighting this year as last, perhaps even more!

There is one other piece of information that should be distributed.  The
schedule that was posted to the Rose did not contain one extremely important
note which appears at the bottom of MY copy of the schedule.  To wit:

"By the way there will be no war points this year for Pennsic."

// Vard //

Lord Edvard Gayer, Chronicler
Barony of Dun Carraig, Atlantia
http://members.aol.com/SCAVard