Laurel acceptances for May

Poster: "Beverly Robinson-Curry" <corvus2@worldnet.att.net>

Here is the info forwarded to me regarding Laurel's decisions at her May
meeting.

=======

ATLANTIA

Alisoun MacCoul of Elphane. Badge reblazon. Azure, semy of cat's faces Or.
     We have reblazoned this to better reflect the actual picture in
accordance with the submitter's
     wishes.

Anton Tremayne. Badge. Azure, three sharks naiant in annulo argent, a
bordure Or.

Bastian de la Salle. Device. Per pale embattled argent and vert, a rapier
inverted sable and in pale three fans
argent.

Brendan Mad. Badge. Vert, a round buckle Or.

Danr Bjornsson. Name and device. Argent, an ivy leaf per pale vert and
sable.

Dolce dei Bracchi. Name and device. Gules, a greyhound courant between
three triquetras Or.

Dosso Bracchetto. Name and device. Per fess Or and gules, a greyhound
dormant and a triquetra
counterchanged.
     Submitted as Dosso di Bracchetto, Brachet/Braquet, where Bracchetto is
derived from, is not a
     given name, but a byname. Therefore we have eliminated the
inappropriate di.

Isabel Ulfsdottir. Name.

Katerina Kristanovna Volokhova vnuka. Name and device. Argent, a wolf
couchant contourny sable on a
chief azure, three roses argent.
     Submitted as Katerina Kristanovna Volokhovna vnuka, patronymics ending
in -ovna cannot
     include vnuka after it. Therefore we have dropped the n in Volokhovna
to make it conform to
     proper Russian grammar in order to register the name.

Mieszko Ziele{n'}ski. Badge. Per bend sinister sable and azure, a bend
sinister between four roundels argent.

Reina mit dem goldene Hunde. Name.
     Submitted as Reina mit den Golden Hunde, Hund is masculine. In the
dative it would be
     Hunde, as submitted. Therefore the adjective takes an e as well. And,
the dative of der is dem,
     not den. We have made these changes to put the name into the correct
grammatical form,
     following exemplars from Brechenmacher's Etmologisches W{o"}rterbuch
der Deutschen
     Familiennamen. We have also changed the capitalization to follow the
exemplars.

R{u"}dger von Staufen. Name and device. Per chevron vert and sable, a sword
argent between in chief two
lion's heads cabossed Or.

Sarah bat Yaakov. Name.

Willem of Bruges. Device change from badge. Sable, an amphora, on a chief
argent three flames gules.
     His former device Azure, an amphisbaena and on a chief argent three
scorpions gules. is
     hereby released.