Dry vs Damp vs Wet

Poster: BawdyLady@aol.com

Help, I'm planning a non-SCA event (a wedding) and am looking for a good site
for the reception.  The closest ones we've found that would fit in with the
renaissance theme are church halls.  However, they all have a no-alcohol
policy.

Now, I've been to wet/damp SCA events at churches before... so I'm confused.
Is there a way to get around the no alcohol policy ("discretely wet," maybe)?
 Is there a particular denomination that allows alcohol (the methodists
around here do not)?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Dionisia de Vere