Re: Dry vs Damp vs Wet

Poster: Jim Trigg <jtrigg@hoflink.com>

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 BawdyLady@aol.com wrote:

> Help, I'm planning a non-SCA event (a wedding) and am looking for a good site
> for the reception.  The closest ones we've found that would fit in with the
> renaissance theme are church halls.  However, they all have a no-alcohol
> policy.
>
> Now, I've been to wet/damp SCA events at churches before... so I'm confused.
> Is there a way to get around the no alcohol policy ("discretely wet," maybe)?
>  Is there a particular denomination that allows alcohol (the methodists
> around here do not)?

"Discreetly wet" is a bad idea, IMHO.  It is saying "It's OK to break the
rules as long as you don't get caught."

As a useful suggestion, the Episcopalians usually allow alcohol.  (You
probably don't know the old saying: "Wherever you find four Episcopalians,
you're likely to find a fifth." ;->)

Jim Trigg, Episopalian Lay Eucharistic Minister (Blaise is Catholic, of
course)
--
RL/DNRC: Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-
SCA: Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles, Ponte Alto Pursuivant