Re: Courtesy and Honor at Pennsic (was Babies)

Poster: Betty Eyer <betty_eyer@yahoo.com>

--- Andrea Hicks <maridonna@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Poster: Andrea Hicks <maridonna@worldnet.att.net>
>
> Greetings!

snip
> (having honesty, fairness, and repect for all).
>
> One reason I joined the SCA was to see courtesy
> demonstrated which is not
> shown in our modern society. Alas! It is not shown
> much in the SCA.
snip
> Lady Maridonna, deputy baronial herald-book,
> Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
> Per pale sable and Or ten crosses botonny
> counterchanged.

Yes, it is sad, but not everyone has thought about or internalized the
ideals of the SCA, and we are all human with failings, blind spots and
good/bad days.  How do you think that we could improve the level of
courtesy and honor in the SCA.  The obvious is to do so by example,
which is powerfull, but that is subtle and can often be missed.  Are
there other ways?
Magdlana
> http://merryrose.atlantia.sca.org/
>             Submissions:  atlantia@atlantia.sca.org
>         Admin. requests:  majordomo@atlantia.sca.org

===
Magdalena de Hazebrouck
Purpure, a fess fesule argent between three torches or.