RE: Fishing

> 	This is Brok. The information that I have on period fishing, mostly
> is taken from The Art of Fishing with an Angle, by Julianne Burners (Dame).
> This is a wonderful booklet of information that was attached to the Book of
> St Albans in 1492. What the Dame has done is produced a how to make your

Hey neat -- I looked at the Boke of St. Albans years ago, but I didn't
remember there was any fishing in it, just hunting and hawking.

> hands of the common people, so that they won't spend their time being lazy,
> fishing... This is a Gentlemans sport" or something like that).

Hey, Miriam -- he's not being lazy, he's doing historical re-creation! :-)

I don't think I'm going to be at University in April, but I'll look for
you at other events.  I'm mostly interested in making neat stuff, rather
than the actual fishing.
--
  Robyyan Torr d'Elandris  Kapellenberg, Windmaster's Hill  Atlantia
  Dennis R. Sherman  	         Triangle Research Libraries Network