From: Michael P Johnson  <mjohnso7@osf1.gmu.edu>
To: many waters cannot quench love  <melys@cybernetics.net>
Cc:  <Atlantia-l@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Atlantian problems..... (fwd)
Date: Monday, February 13, 1995 2:18PM

I agree with you whole heartedly that we need to do what is fun for us in
the SCA, and I do do that.  But there are some parts of the SCA that I
want to experience that are directly related and intertwined with the
kingdom's politics such as sitting on the throne, become a peer, all
three branches, and
other large aspirations like that.  I've got the potential to do these
things both with my physical fighting ability, and my art and science
ability.  I'm not saying that I am at that level yet, but one day I will
be.  I can forsee bad kingdom politics preventing me from reaching these
goals, from looking at what has happened to people around me (or should I
say not happened) who many people felt deserved a recognition they didn't
get.  I try not to get involved with any type of politics either.  They
bore and confuse me, but sometimes you haven't got a choice.  Some people
are satisfied and content with just being in the SCA.  I want to make a
name for myself in the SCA, I want to take the SCA to its full potential,
but I don't know whether it can be done if their are people in positions
of power who have lost sight of what the SCA is really all about.