Subject: Re: Grand Council Nominees
Author:  sca-east@world.std.com at smtpgate
Date:    2/14/95 1:52 AM

Greetings from Tibor.

Alicia wrote:
  I am curious as to what the Grand Council will be doing.  I haven't seen
  anything about this until now (although I may have just missed it).  Could
  someone give me a quick rundown?

[If anyone wants a copy of the formal charter from the Board, I'd be happy to
send it via email.  (Contact me at schuldy@math.harvard.edu).]

Basically, the Board, in response to the hue and cry over the last year, has
chosen to charter a blue-ribbon panel to re-examine the Society from the
ground up.  A committee of about 40 people, of various Societal or Mundane
backgrounds, is being appointed, and it will be making recommendations to
the Board over the nexty two years.

I expect that the primary focus of the GC will be the governance of the
Corporation, and its relationship to the populace.  The idea is to make the
SCA Incorporated more responsive to its members, cheaper to run, and more
efficient.

Eastern members at this time include Sir Myrddin the Just, myself, Master
Justin du Coeur.  Former Easterners on the GC include Duke Cariadoc, and
Lady Caroline Forbes.

There is a weekly document that GC members use to communicate with each
other.  Interested parties may get a copy sent to them automatically.
Completed proposals will be sent to the Board, and to TI.  The Board will
vote on each proposal at the next quarterly meeting.  Sometimes proposals
will be multi-part: if the GC isn't of one mind on how to do something, two
proposals may be sent on the matter.

Currently, the GC seems to be working on internal organizational stuff, and
reading background material that Cariadoc, and I, posted.

I would DEARLY love it if folks read our stuff, and commented.  We will only
be as good as the help we get.

 Tibor (GC member, and one of the 3 nominating people.)