EVENT: Bread and Circuses Collegium II

While we're doing event announcements, the autocrat of the Bread and
Circuses Collegium II asked me to forward this flyer to the Atlantian list...

                   Bread and Circuses Collegium II
                            Black Diamond

        Come stimulate your mind and hone your skills at Black Diamond's
Bread and Circuses Collegium II, March 4 1995.  This collegium is being held
to further the knowledge of all gentles who attend in their pursuit of
greater learning and understanding in the Current Middle Ages.  Knowledgable
instructors from across the Kingdom, including such notables as Master
Chirhart Blackstar, Baroness Ceridwen ferch Owain, Baroness Kyleah, Baroness
Eliska Alexandrova, Mistress Jeanne Tennuer de Bec, will be teaching
interactive classes in such areas as Armoring, Bardic Singing, Bardic
Storytelling, Belly Dancing, Calligraphy, Card Weaving, Courtesy, Eventing,
Heraldry, Illumination, Marshalling, Poetry, Rapier, Sewing, Slow Work,
and Weaponry.
        The classes will be held in Litton-Reaves Hall on the campus of
Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA.  Site opens at 8 am with classes lasting until
4 pm.  Four classes will be taught every two hours with breaks in between to
allow
gentles a chance to eat and refresh themselves.  Breakfast, lunch, and
snacks will be served.  After the classes an Auction will be held to raise
funds for the Barony.  In the evening there will be a pot luck feast and
revel held at the site.  Bring a dish to share or a $3 contribution.  The
site is Dry and closes at 11 pm.
        We request a $3 donation for the classes (add $3 surcharge for
non-members).  Make checks payable to "SCA Inc./Barony of Black Diamond".
Crash space is available.  Please send reservations, inquiries, etc. to the
autocrat:  Gwenllian of Black Diamond (Alison J. Smith), 750 Tall Oaks Dr.
#11900 F, Blacksburg, VA 24060; phone: (703)951-9490; e-mail: catvet@vt.edu

Directions:  Take I-81 to exit 118 (route 460).  Take 460 West to 314
(Southgate Drive - approx. 15 minutes.  Follow signs for Va Tech.).  Take a
right on 314 (it's a stoplight).  Take first left onto Duck Pond Drive.
Take first right onto Washington Street.  Take first left into parking lot
for Wallace Hall/Litton-Reaves Hall.  Litton-Reaves is the building on the
corner to your right. (There will be signs starting at the turn onto
Southgate Dr.)