Re: Video recording events - New Thread

Greetings unto all!

On Mon, 27 Feb 1995, Tom Bilodeau wrote:

> Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 08:13:00 -0500
> From: Tom Bilodeau <moose.gdss.grumman.com!bilodto@uunet.uu.net>
> To: netcom.com!atlantia-l@uunet.uu.net
> Subject: Video recording events - New Thread
>
> Greetings from Tirloch!
>
> At the Atlantian 12th Night and at another recent event a few days ago, a
> SCAdian was videotaping the proceedings.
>
> The intent is to produce quality videos that can be rebroadcast on public
> television.

The same crew did some footage of Aisha preparing a feast and providing
recepies (and a camera shy me bringing out bread dough and other
ingredients) I like the idea of an instructional video, its a great way
for those out there in the less populated areas of the known world that
can't make it to many local events (especially for those who have a 3
hour+ drive to their "local" events)

I'm usually adamant about where/when/why I'm photographed, but I honestly
feel that if any video is going to be shot of our activities, that it be
done as Aisha's and 12th Night were.  with at least 2 active members on
the camera crew, I'm certain that most of the footage is clear, to the
point, informative, and puts us in the best possible light.

As for those who don't like this passive form of learning about the SCA
and its activities, how else are you going to get someone, especially
someone who has never been to an event, or even heard of the SCA
interested? Word of mouth and printed literature are good, but there are
a lot of people out there who have a "Show-me-how-much-fun-it-is"
attitude.  Not everyone goes to the demos or happens to see practices.
This is why I actually like the work the above mentioned crew is doing.

My two bits.

Yours,

Saaral/Grey the Succinct (Don't blame me, a BEAR named me!)
Barony of Ponte Alto.