Re: The Salazar Effect

    Alfredo comments on the incredible coincidence of Don Fernando
    Salazar y Perez unwittingly adopting SCA arms that are near
    identical to an item flogged by a commercial heraldry house
    approximately 12 years after his device was registered:

I have long known that coats of arms were inherited, but this is the
first real evidence I have heard, other than some stories of twins
separated at birth who ended up assuming similar arms.  I would like
to hear from Don Fernando what meditative techniques I can used so
that I too, can get in touch with my ancestors.

-- Alfredo el Bufon
hopkins@dg-rtp.dg.com

    I reply:

    As far as I know, the only meditation Don Fernando practices is
    that realized during ceaseless exercise.  If you follow his
    method, chances are that you'd contact HIS ancestors, not
    yours.  (Unless of course, Salazars were more ubiquitous in the
    past than both of us think.)

    Perhaps though you are in part, correct.  If coincidence is to
    describe his adoption of the estoiles and black, then he might
    have twisted the laws of probability.  I can only posit
    that his intense personal magnitism has bent space-time in his
    immediate presence, letting him commune with the distant past.
    This could also explain why he hasn't aged since AS XII,
    and why I (who spends way too much time in his company) am a
    tad warped.

    Ianthe d'Averoigne                      kim.salazar@em.doe.gov