Re: Delay of Messages

Unto those gathered at Cheapside:

I am afraid I have to agree with Dafydd.  While I, as a Netcom user, am
not subject to delay in sending my messages, I have found that posted
several days.  In some cases where a respondent has replied both to my
account and to the List, four or five days have lapsed between the
arrival in my mailbox of the email to me and the message posted to the list.

>From my perspective, this makes it almost impossible to carry on a
meaningful dialogue.  For all practical purpose, the List as it currently
operates is one-way - good for getting information out, but not very
useful as a forum for generating and discussing ideas.

With all respect to those who have invested their time and efforts to
establish and maintain this list, the time-delay problem is not
susecptible to being fixed - it is inherent in the way Netcom has their
system configured, and Netcom has no incentive at this time to spend
money or man-hours making it work any different.

Beornheard