Re: List explosion

Greetings,

On Fri, 31 May 1996, Carol O'Leary wrote:

>      I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not without sin myself, but I
>      respectfully suggest that we could do without a digest if people would
>      just keep their personal mail personal.
>      <snipped>      And, frankly, a lot of the
>      clever repartee taking up band-width lately isn't quite as clever to
>      those not taking part as it is to those participating.
>      work done lately -- I spend a lot of time deleting messages.
>      <snipped> Can we
>      limit on-line discussion to things of broader interest, please?

I agree with what Melisande has mentioned and being only a new member of
the Merry Rose and hoping not to offend too much would like to proffer
some suggestions.
	1. People who wish to engage in the abovementioned witty repartee
and react as if they're carrying on discussion, bar brawls, etc. in a
tavern may do better (and have a more enjoyable time) if they create an
internet chat room.(the action moves much quicker that way)
	2. If people would attempt to edit the quotes in their replies
instead of requoting the whole message, then that would also reduce
bandwidth.

On a positive note, I have enjoyed the information that's available on
this list.  Most recently the University Info, but I'm sure there will be
more that I find useful.

Just my 2 pence worth,
Nancy Dalton
aka Earnwynn van Zwaluwenburg