Re: MR: Banter--A contest!

Poster: alairia@juno.com (Lisa Z. Morgan)

>Forsooth, my Lord, to speak of faire speech in this wise takes no wit,
>to wit
>any noggin with half a loaf shall blast forth with speech faire or
>fowl,
>which is a bird well-plumed in this tavern.  I, as ladies will, tender
>gently
>greetings unto all and company, to wit! to woo!  And meet we anon...
>
>Demetria della Stanza

Fair Demetria, let there be only faire speech, save but a little fowl
speech, and that in  praise of the golden bird we roast for our evening
meal!  Now if thou wilt tender greetings to wit, why half this company
may be missed thereby, but if to woo, there is no gathering, I think, so
apt for it!

Lyon