Re: Disc: What is a knight?

Poster: Lance Harrop <lharrop@mrj.com>

Baroness Miriam Rachael bat Mordecai writes:

> Perhaps the most gracious way to name knights as exemplars would be to point
> out particular qualities, and then give examples of instances in which
> particular knights have demonstrated them.  Thus, it is merely an illustrative
> exercise, generally helpful without being considered hurtful or exclusionary.

I have another idea.  I suggest we name knights one at a time, in a
manner which will excuse us from not naming examplers all at once.

To wit (I hope) since Mistress Deirdre started all this ;-), I suggest we
write poems.  With priviso's.  Not about your own knight, too obvious and
easy.  And new poem written for this purpose.  If any three other people
will join me in this endeavor, I will write another (an ideal dare, I
have four written already), and I challenge those who suppose themselves
to be poets to do the same.  So if six other people write, I'll post
three poems in all, if nine write, post four, and so on.

I think we might as Lord Rabah what he thinks of collecting these poems
and publishing them, the proceeds to go to support tragicly widowed
Atlantian Baronesses.

----------
This first is inspired by a conversation a few of us had at a barbeque at
Sir Strykar's house one Sunday.
----------

Take One Standard Knight
by Leifr Johansson