Re: MR: INFO: Query: Flame Retardant stuff

Poster: "Heather Swann" <swann@intercon.com>

> Miriam Rachael wrote:
> >I've gone through the phone book under awnings, tents, and
> >fireproofing, and called most of the listings, but can't find one
> >that carries something to flame retard a canvas tent...does anyone
> >have other ideas on where to look?
> >
> >Miri
>
> No matter what you find or use, dear lady, please, DO NOT take any sort
> of live flame into your tent.  Perhaps you were not at Pointless II,
> when a merchant's tent went up in flames due to an untended
> lantern.  Those who were there can describe it very vividly.  (Will
> some gentle oblige?  I had gone back home for the night.)
>
> As I recall, nobody was seriously harmed, but the merchant lost
> almost everything - tent, stock, personal gear, etc.  Security managed
> to keep it from spreading, but they and a number of other gentles
> didn't get much more sleep that night...
>
>  Alanna Volchevo

Worry not my Lady!  I was at the Pennsic many years ago when a nylon tent went
up so fast no one had time to even draw in breath before it was gone.....I
have seen a variety of incidents, and am very cautious!  See Meli's post...she
has put it well....

Miri

Miriam Rachael bat Mordecai | Purpure on a bend Or,
akaThe Intriguing Miriam    | between two swans naiant
Isenfiri-In-Exile           | respectant, wings elevated
mka: Heather E.M. Swann     | and addorsed argent, three
email:swann@intercon.com    | sprigs of heather palewise