Leifr, Read This Too!

Poster: SheehanTA@aol.com

At the risk of being branded unfeeling, I must say publicly I in *no* way
support the compilation and publication of a book of praise to particular
knights to be sold with benefits to go to Baroness Olwen.  In theory, its a
nice idea.  In practice, I think it impractical.  First and foremost, such
compilations must have a market willing to buy them.  From first-hand
experience I can say interest in SCA poetry is limited at best.  I really
doubt the publication would make much money.  As proposed, such a publication
would also use up the kingdom's valuable time and resources.  Far better to
send a contribution of $5 or $10 dollars to directly to the Baroness; she'll
get it faster and in total rather than defraying publication costs.

And secondly,  if such a publication were to go into production, I for one
would not be a contributor. Not because I think it unworthy, but simply
because it is not a type of poetry I write.  I think the pool of contributors
would be very small and it would be quite difficult to put together a work of
any size or quality.

Sorry Leifr, but I just don't think this one can fly.

Deirdre O'Siodhachain, OL