Irish "aersaid"?

Poster: Victoria_Martin@FCW.COM

Greetings all!

As I prepare for Pennsic, I am confronted with the dilemma I am sure we all
experience. I need MORE comfortable garb for the War, and What am I going to do
with that 5 yards of cotton plaid cloth on my dining room table?

I think I bought it to make a bog dress/chiton, but I remember reading about an
Irish dress called an aersaid that was something like the womans version of a
kilt. Can anyone advise me on how to sew/construct/wrap one?

Thanks in advance,

Josceline
victoria@fcw.com