Re: your mail

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  Considering the growing number of SCA members, it must be becoming harder
  and harder to design and acceptable and attractive standard.  Considering
  the limited number of tinctures, field types, and acceptable "peridic"
  characters; is it concievable that someday we'll run out of desirable
  combinations??

The Society recently relaxed it's standards somewhat, and it became a lot
easier to register arms.  While some of the more prevalent Society charges
make it challenging to use just those, it is still possible, and still easy.

Bear in mind my new arms: Vert a delf or.  They are as simple as can be, and
took me about 3 minutes to figure out, and not much longer to check.  It can
be done, and is, all the time.

Consider also the 20 or so sample arms painted and displayed at Pennsic at
the heralds consulting tent.  All of them are period in style, and as of the
time they were painted, free of conflict with registered items.

                  Also, is there a set-up proceedure for retiring "old" armory
  after the users/members have left the org?

No, but the current (new) Laurel, Jaelle, used to work on having people
release old armory.  It's an interesting question.

	Tibor