Re: Crown Tourney Results Continued

Poster: E L Wimett <SILVERDRAGON@Charleston.Net>

many waters cannot quench love wrote:

> ah-HAH!  "ragnar blackhammer" = "ragnar of anglessea" = "chuck kane"
> (mundanely).  do you need to know whether his name has been submitted /
> approved yet?  i can easily ask him...

I've made the change.  I can tell you that his name has NOT been approved as of the September, 1996, Laurel letter.

> a service for which i am very grateful, and for which i'm sure you don't
> receive nearly enough credit.  from the name changes i've seen amongst my
> friends, i'd imagine the gordian knot would be simpler to unravel...

> i hope this does serve to clear it up.  i very much appreciate your
> patience with my thoughtless assumptions...  i'll try to put this
> particular clue somewhere visible, so i can find it next time. *grin*
>
>Thank you for your gracious words, my lady.

I apologise sincerely if I overreacted on this, but the number of people who WERE taking such problems personally this weekend past (and
in email since) was much higher than usual.  And both the list officer and I had worked particularly hard on getting this one right (it is
after all the last time I would do it), even hunting down old friends of people who had recently come into the kingdom to get clues as to
what awards they might have and where they were from. . .

I guess cold wet feet and the inevitable results thereof can make us all a bit grouchy <grin>