Re: Fencing ban in Meridies

Poster: Scott Silvers/James of Westmorland <ssilvers@liberty.uc.wlu.edu>

	This is ridiculous.  Heavy fighting is just as dangerous as
fencing.  There is just as much chance that a visor will pop open or a
combat arrow will break and enter a grill as there is of serious fencing
injury.  Heavy fighters are more likely to be injured in fact.  If
there's a problem with faulty equipment, make the rules stricter.  As to the
popularity, who cares?  There are 50 people who are
interested in doing it, and maybe more who just haven't had a chance to
authorize.  I have a bad feeling about what is going on with all this
recent banning of fencing in the Knowne World.  Fencing is period.
Accept it and let the people play.

				-James

___________________    ___________________________________________
|                 |    | James Beckett of Westmorland, Seneschal |
|-----------------|    | Incipient College of Marshals' Keep	 |
|        /\       |    | Barony of Black Diamond                 |
|      /    \     |    | Atlantia                                |
|      \    /     |    | Scott Silvers                           |
|        \/       |    | Washington & Lee University             |

Visit the College of Marshals' Keep Home Page at
	http://www.wlu.edu/~sca